Hang Ten in Coronado, then Hang Out at the Downtown Kimpton Hotel
We love Kimpton Hotels for their creative getaway packages that allow visitors to experience a true taste of their environs. Hotel Solamar is inviting guests to experience a little San Diego surf culture with their “Hang Ten, then Hang Out” deal. On this adventure, spend some time charging waves and learning to rip with the Coronado Surf Academy. And don’t worry, they’ll provide the wetsuits and soft boards for beginners or take shredders to the perfect breaks. These SoCal surf instructors will even teach your dog to hang 20, an added bonus, particularly since you may have brought your buddy along since Hotel Solamar is extremely pet friendly (as in no height or weight restrictions).
Who knows–your furry companion just might be the next big winner of Coronado’s dog surfing contest on June 16th in Imperial Beach. Let’s just hope that your dog isn’t a better surfer than you.
Back at the hotel…
After a day at the beach, you can enjoy mojitos poolside on a cozy lounge bed on the rooftop terrace or bottle service in Solamar’s swank draped cabanas. San Diego’s skyline provides a scintillating backdrop and the craziness of the Gaslamp awaits below.
The package includes:
• Deluxe king accommodations at Kimpton’s Hotel Solamar
• Surfing lessons for two on Coronado Island from Coronado Surfing Academy
• Picnic lunch for two on one of Coronado Island’s beautiful beaches
• Transportation from Kimpton’s Hotel Solamar to your surf lesson and back
• Morning coffee and tea service in living room to help get your day started
• Hosted evening wine reception to chill out after a day of activity
• 24-hour access to in-house fitness room; complimentary weekend Pilates classes; power walks with the GM
• Complimentary wireless Internet access for Kimpton InTouch members (free to join)
The “Hang Ten, then Hang Out” package runs May 1 through June 30, 2012, then starts up again September 6 through December 31, 2012. Rates are just $269 a night with a two night minimum and must be booked 72 hours in advance. The package can be booked online with the rate code “SURF” or by calling 877-230-0300 and requesting the “Hang Ten, then Hang Out” package.